On Saturday January 25th from 10am to 3pm the Gabriola Fire Hall on Church Street will be hosting an Emergency Preparedness Open House
Multiple agencies will be on-site with demonstrations and information, as well as actively recruiting volunteers:
- Gabriola Volunteer Fire Department
- HAM radio
- BC Ambulance Service (BCAS)
- Royal Canadian Marine Search and Rescue (RCMSARS)
- Emergency Social Services (ESS)
- Pets and Livestock Services (PALS)
- Neighbourhood Emergency Preparedness Services (NEPS)
- Regional District of Nanaimo (RDN)
Two of the main presentations will be Neighbourhood Emergency Preparedness by NEPS and Downed Power Line Safety by BC Hydro. There will also be demonstrations on live fire, CPR, fire extinguishers, and “fire smarting” your property.
There will be information packages available about:
- Fire Smart
- Neighbourhood Emergency Preparedness
- Block Watch Information from the RCMP
- as well as many other important topics for our community!
This is an all-ages event for the whole family with lots of fun stuff for kids to explore and participate in, including a family scavenger hunt where the prize is a FREE Emergency Preparedness Kit!
We hope to see you out for a fun day of education as well as learning about the many local volunteer opportunities for you to help keep our community safe!